Are you planning to do some home renovations? Have you thought about changing your roofing to either tile or flat? Then, if you’re still weighing in your options, our roofing specialist has some advice for you.
- Flat Roofing: Pros and Cons
- The benefits of having flat roofing are that oftentimes, depending on the material, it’s a lot easier to install. It’s also cheaper compared to other alternatives. There are also fewer complications in the repair of damages, which makes it a cost-effective choice for any homeowner.
- However, these roofs have less space for insulation and could be affected by extreme weather changes. Also, they don’t drain easily as pitched roofs, so your roofing contractor would probably have to install additional mechanisms to make sure it has proper drainage during the wet season.
- Tile Roofing: Pros and Cons
- Tile roofs are known to be durable and can perform better under harsh conditions compared to flat roofing. It’s also a great insulator as is keeps your home warm during the cold winter nights and cool during the warm summer days. It also adds value to your home as it enhances its exterior.
- But the installation costs for this type of roofing can be quite hefty compared to other roofing material. At the same time, tile roofs are both heavy and brittle. They require added structural reinforcement during installation.
Have you decided which will best suit your preference? Why not talk to an expert in roofing services in Texas, like Arrowwood Roofing L.L.C. We can discuss with you your roofing needs and what will best fit your home and your budget.
Not only that, we provide commercial roofing in Dallas, Texas as well.